Volunteering opportunities of many types. Please contact us if you have any spare time and like to be kept busy. We can offer friendship, refreshments, self confidence building, a listening ear and signposting to others who can help further. A DBS can be sought as a volunteer and we are regularly asked for references for our former volunteers who have gone on to work.
- Clean gravel,
- Clean strong pallets.
- Metal paint for outdoors.
- Thick or chunky shoe laces
- CDs/dvds not to watch to use as mirrors and decorations
- Seeds, even part packets or out of date.
- Anything for art, including paints, sketching, inks, brushes, crayons
- Large storage boxes with lids
- Lego of any sort including duplo
- Old Scrabble games or board games ( doesn’t matter if missing pieces)
- House paint in bright or prime colours, white or magnolia
- Craft items for activities
- Old unwanted computer keyboards
- Good condition wood-all sizes
- Gardening gloves
- Large plant pots
- Mugs or jugs for plant containers
- Fabrics and trimmings
- Large beads, glass nuggets and marbles
As we often hold fundraising events we welcome donated items including gift bags, (new or used), gifts for decorating and as prizes for tombolas and hook-a-bag including:
- Soft toys
- Small toys and games,
- Puzzle books and pens etc.
- Indoor and outdoor lights,
- Spare wrapping paper,
- Chocolate bars and boxes.
Strong toddler and baby toys for the lobby play area , Little Rainbows, Tuesday Toddlers and also toddler books especially Mr Tumble!
Heavyweight long curtains for draught proofing doors and windows.
Volunteers! for all sorts of interesting ( and some boring but necessary!) jobs around the Project and Gardens. Everything from crafts to painting to gardening to filing to making coffee and sharing time. – can’t blame us for keeping trying!
Fundraisers – GCCP is volunteer run and relies on groups using the premises for its income.
We have been fortunate to benefit from Grants from Suez, LEAF, Northern Synod of the URC, Sunderland City Council West Area Committee, Cultural Spring and personal donations but we always need funds to keep the premises maintained and developing to meet the need of everyone who uses it. Resources are always limited.
If anyone would like to fund raise for us we would love to hear from you and work with you in any way we can. Thank you in advance for any help past and future!!! x